At Bluebeam, we empower people to advance the way the world is built. We create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere.
Do you have a passion for CSS and JS? Do you enjoy thinking about error states and loading the intricacies of building interactive UI with smooth transitions, responsiveness, and touch gestures? Join the Bluebeam Atlas UXE team!
Our Atlas UXE team is a cross-functional group of imaginative and technical individuals that work together to bridge the gap between design and development. As the dedicated Software Engineer for Design, you’ll weave together strong design aesthetics created by our Sr. Designer with your technical expertise.
We're building something to be proud of, continually iterating on the best way to do it, and having as much fun as possible along the way.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the UI component layer of our application by interpreting design and building reusable components.
- Collaborating with Product Designers and Engineering teams to translate needs on both sides of the fence.
- Be the owner of Design to the Engineering team and the ambassador for Engineering to the Design team.
- Build multi-touch gestures and interactive elements to delight our customers.
- Keeping inventory of all front-end assets from our reusable component library.
- Iteratively improving how components behave on different screen sizes and devices.
- Working with researchers and subject-matter experts to user-test new concepts.
We're looking for an individual with:
- Expert understanding of React.js and CSS/SASS
- Can build a multi-tenant application with vanilla JS.
- 3+ years of professional development experience.
- An affinity for quality code AND design.
- Experience with atomic design methodology.
- Experience with React Native and Typescript.
- Experience with getting from hi-fi prototypes to unit-tested components.
- Desire to build a consumer-quality B2B hybrid app that feels like a game.
Bonus points if you have:
- A professional background in the architectural, engineering or construction industry.
- Experience working with WebGL, HTML5 Canvas, or 2D/3D visualization libraries (e.g. Mapbox GL, Google Maps, D3.js, three.js, Highcharts, etc).
- Experience working with native web components (Material.io)
- Experience building progressive web applications with real-time capability.
- Experience visualizing data sourced from CAD, GeoJSON, KML/KMZ, Esri sources, etc.
- Experience building API’s or taking on full-stack projects.
- Adept in Mathematics or Information architecture.
Sound like you?
If you think you are a good match, please send us the following:
- Some sort of personalized introduction for us. This could be a cover letter, a few bullet points about yourself, a comic strip you’ve drawn - anything that tells us a bit about you and why you want to work here.
*We will help the right candidate with relocation*
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.