Chewy is hiring an IT Site Manager for our Mechanicsburg, PA location. The IT Site Manager must be highly autonomous, possessing strong project and time management skills and have both the desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. They must possess superior customer service skills, extensive knowledge of both computers (hardware and software) and RF unit technologies and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy is required. A successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems is also essential as well as effectively managing a local IT team.
What you'll do:
Key responsibilities include managing the daily activities of the department, troubleshooting complex application, hardware and network issues; documentation, analysis and resolution of escalated help desk tickets; and working with local and remote IT Site Support Technicians, employees and operations management to quickly provide high quality solutions to IT problems. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of equipment and issues including desktops, laptops, RF unit technology, network connectivity, Windows software, and much more. In addition, you will also be involved and responsible for aligning the IT strategy and roadmap for the Fulfillment Center to meet requirements set by the local Operations team.
Day to Day activities include network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, leadership of local IT Support technicians, data cabling, and systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments. In addition, you will work closely with the company’s decision makers to identify, recommend, develop and implement cost-effective technology solutions in order to support our rapid growth.
What you'll need:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- 5-7 years of experience providing technical support in a Fulfillment Center environment.
- MS certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, and/or MCITP.
- Extensive knowledge of Motorola/Zebra RF Units: Moto MC9190, VC6090, WT41N0.
- Expertise in areas of IT such as Microsoft Administration, Mobile Device Management, RF Technologies.
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user, high pressured environment.
- Extensive knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications.
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance.
- Demonstrated success in leading IT Support teams.
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (in person and via phone/radio) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Experience managing vendor contracts, relationships and service outages.
- Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Participate in a 24/7 support and on call rotation.
- Experience working in an SLA driven environment.
- Experience supporting PC’s in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Cisco CCNA
- Working knowledge of SOTI MobiControl device management
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].