Head of CEG Learning & Development Operations (based in Bangkok, Thailand)See more jobs from Agoda
about 2 months old
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Being part of Booking Holdings (Nasdaq:BKNG), previously called Priceline Group, Agoda is founded in 2005 and has become one of the world’s largest online travel platforms.
Agoda has a network of almost 2 million accommodation options worldwide, offering the best prices in 38 different languages. We are transforming travel for millions of customers across the globe.
In Agoda family, we have over 5,000 professionals from 70+ nationalities. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – we provide an environment rich in creativity, collaboration, experimentation, and the tools to work faster and smarter. At Agoda, we believe our people are our strength. We work hard and have fun, and we choose people who are dedicated to making things great.
Get to know our team:
The Customer Experience Group of Agoda, present in 9 different locations and serving 16 different languages, effectively serves our customers and partners to ensure satisfying results.
This is accomplished with the support of our Global Service Vertical team. We work nonstop to improve the quality and efficiency of our support to customers and partners. Working with the Global Service Vertical team is a great opportunity to collaborate with various stakeholders and develop initiatives in a very data-driven environment, moving fast and learning through experimentation.
Within the Global Service Vertical team the L&D Operations organization enables our front-line teams to meet customers’ expectations through learning initiatives.
In this role you will lead the L&D Operations organization to increase the positive impact on customers, partners, and employees through the design and execution of learning initiatives.
You will develop and grow through interactions with our talented leaders in the L&D Architecture Team and different CEG teams such as Customer Service Team, Accommodation Services Team, QA, Analytics, Operational Excellence…
You will experience our values of #Take Ownership, #BeTheBest, #MoveFast, and #ExperimentAndMeasure in the context of L&D. Innovation is key at Agoda and you will have opportunities to drive improvements in a data-driven way.
In this role you’ll get to:
Shape and implement the L&D strategy:
- Identifying, together with Operations, Operational Excellence and Analytics team, the levers that influence performance. Those levers might be actioned by the L&D team or by other teams in the organization.
- Defining and implementing a scalable and collaborative framework that acts on an ongoing basis on those levers to improve employees’ performance and customers’ / partners’ experience.
You will lead a team of learning professionals across 6 different locations who enable the achievement of objectives such as:
- Getting our new hires up to speed in the shortest possible time
- Upskilling our front-line teams to improve their service to customers and partners
- Successfully rolling-out new solutions, tools, and processes for our frontline teams
- Gaining efficiencies that reduce the workload for our frontline agents or generate savings for Agoda
All these through continuous improvement of our L&D processes, upskilling of our L&D team members, improving existing learning solutions, and developing new ones.
You will lead the development of your team, specially developing future leaders for CEG and Agoda.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience leading a team of managers to achieve operational objectives. Special emphasis in the right attitude and behaviors to #MoveFast and the right structure to #EnableOthers’Success.
- Experience and ability to drive #ContinuousImprovement by #TakingOwnership, showing passion to #BeTheBest, and making use of #ExperimentAndMeasure
- #DeliverBetterTogether. Ability to partner effectively with leaders from other functions on common goals. This requires a combination of consultative approach with getting things done and providing visibility.
- Understanding of the different existing approaches to learning and the process to design and build learning solutions
It’s great if you have:
- Experience in L&D and operations
- Experience managing teams across different countries and cultures
Agoda is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location.
Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with Agoda applicants privacy statement (https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/)
*** This opportunity is open to both local and international candidates. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance will be provided.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Agoda, we pride ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.