Design Manager - Jira Service DeskSee more jobs from Atlassian Pty Ltd
8 months old
This job is no longer active
Atlassian is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and thrive on variety? If so, we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a Senior Design Manager in Bangalore to work across Jira Service Desk - a fun, hardworking and highly-experienced team who all enjoy playing and working together as a team to define the future of IT.
Jira Service Desk (JSD) is a recent Service Management solution from Atlassian. Built on top of Jira, JSD gives customers a single platform to track service requests, and collaborate behind the scenes to deliver the best service. With incident management, self-service, SLAs and much more, JSD provides users with everything they need to setup a robust and intuitive IT service desk. It is also the fastest growing product in Atlassian!
As the Senior Design Manager, JSD, you will lead a team of passionate Product Designers and partner deeply with your peers in Engineering and Product Management, to execute on the team’s mission. As a member of our Design leadership team, you will work with other Design Managers, Lead Designers and the Head of Design to make sure we are setting the vision for Jira Service Desk and delivering a holistic solution. You will also be responsibility for increasing the level of craft in the team.
Your work will directly impact tens of thousands of customers, and millions of users!
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Work within an R&D leadership team to shape the ways that teams collaborate across projects
- Provide cross-craft teams with the mentorship, direction, leadership and support necessary to effectively envision and ship specific projects with a user focus
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team
To be successful here, we encourage you to:
- Bring previous experience of having managed a design team
- Have a track record of planning and then driving product direction autonomously as a hands-on designer
- Show great facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like Engineering and Product Management
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including senior leadership
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes
We'd love for you to:
- Have experience leading designers across multiple product domains simultaneously
- Be able to show an example of having lead a cross-craft project that delivered measurable improvement to users
More about our team
First and foremost, Design leaders at Atlassian are responsible for fostering and growing design talent. They’re in it for the people and for leading others to succeed. At Atlassian, Design leaders are comfortable wearing many different hats – they’re a coach, a mentor, a partner to spar work with, as well as a sounding board when things get tough. They also work with product and engineering to create and define product strategy and are directly accountable for the user experience.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.