Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
Beat is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our iOS team working on the Beat Driver app.
Our Driver team is working on some great features that significantly improve the experience for the drivers and the way they interact with our app and move around the city.
Your team is part of the Driver Product Domain, whose mission is to develop and maintain products, services and tools with the aim of creating an unforgettable driver experience as well as aiding any driver related operations from Beat’s side.
Our remote workforce works in the East European and Central European time zones. With the various tools and communication technologies we're using, you'll feel connected to your team.
Your goal will be to lead the team in developing, maintaining and improving the Beat Driver app. At the same time, you will be responsible for your team’s growth and coaching by being a role model and a mentor to them.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Analyse the current state of the codebase, propose architectural and technological improvements, automate processes and scale the iOS Driver team.
- Take full ownership of building apps from architecturing to coding, testing and publishing.
- Able to be fully hands on and contribute to the iOS codebase and feature set.
- Be a point of reference for the iOS Driver team within the company.
- Experiment on pure engineering tasks that can improve the team’s day-to-day life
- Help set and fulfil the engineering hiring plan for the team.
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and team vision.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organisation.
- Communicate the available platform features and constraints of the iOS Driver app to the organisation.
- Align with the rest of the Android and iOS Engineering Managers on mobile-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasise quality and forward progress.
What you need to have:
- 2+ years of leading and growing engineering teams
- 5+ years of native iOS app development experience
- Expert understanding of the Apple ecosystem and UIKit building blocks
- Passion for Apple platforms
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Detail-oriented, focusing on writing maintainable and testable code of high quality
- Experience in developing apps with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with iOS architectural patterns (MVC, MVVM, VIPER)
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- PR and code reviews expertise
- A strong sense of ownership in your work
- Experience with testing (Unit/Integration/UI Automation)
- Experience in version control and source code management platforms (Git, Github)
- You stay up to date on the latest technology, trends and keep yourself informed about best practices during app development
- Have a positive mindset, be proactive and a team player
What it's nice to have:
- Experience with Swift Concurrency Model, asynchronous programming (GCD)
- Experience with watchOS
- Experience with dependency injection
- Experience with geolocation based apps
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with xcodebuild and CI/CD (Bitrise)
- Experience with SwiftUI and Combine
- Open source contributions and projects
- Active participant at meet-ups and conferences in the iOS community
- Experience working with remote teams
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- High tech equipment and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that gives engineers large goals, autonomy, mentoring and creates incredible opportunities both for you and the company
Please note, there we are assessing both on-site, as well as fully remote candidates.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.