Test Engineering & Quality Assurance Technical LeadSee more jobs from EyeCare Partners LLC
6 months old
EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Test Engineering & Quality Assurance Technical Lead
We are seeking a passionate and highly motivated Test Engineering & Quality Assurance Technical Lead who can lead the design, development, and maintenance of functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests using innovative technologies. This hands-on position will oversee a small team of test engineers, who will be responsible for working with other engineering & product management disciplines for our practice management (PM) – electronic health record (EHR) solution.
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience working on complex system level projects with a proven track record of influencing others and managing change through the implementation of new policies and procedures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bring testing best practices to a program team of over 50+ architects, engineers, etc., by championing predictive & intelligent automated testing approaches.
- Coordinate and manage test efforts across multiple concurrent Sprints.
- Launch testing campaigns to raise awareness and to deliver quality software and system features on time and within budget.
- Conduct market research to identify innovative testing products and solutions, and recommend / standardize testing tools.
- Gather requirements from Product Management team, and lead the efforts in defining the overall testing strategies.
- Define the test infrastructure specifications for use by the test team.
- Develop and implement automated test suites with solid test plans that validate our cloud-based Microservices applications.
- Direct/support contract staff (testers) engaged in the testing of the application for the assigned business functions.
- Work in an Agile framework with Sprints, Stories, and tickets for Issues (post go-live).
- Provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to the team to ensure they are successful.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in leading Quality Assurance / Engineering teams.
- Subject Matter Expertise in implementing end-to-end test automation and defining testing strategies/roadmaps for high volume Microservices based transactional applications.
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience in testing tools / frameworks like Postman, JMeter, Junit – Mockito, Jest, Zephyr (Plugin), Selenium, SoapUI, etc.
- 3+ years' hands-on experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, GitLab, Gradle, Maven, etc.
- Experience in leading the Agile testing methodologies of cloud-based (AWS) Java applications (Spring Boot, RESTful Micro services, Spring JPA, Typescript, Angular, ReactJS, etc.).
- Proven ability to quickly comprehend and adopt new technologies by doing quick technology POCs / Pilots.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new tools and tool features. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment.
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, transparency, empowerment, and accountability.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required.
- Strong understanding of operational aspects of software solutions, including resiliency, security, reliability, etc.
- Code coverage - quality using SonarQube
- Healthcare industry experience
- Understanding of PM – EHR systems
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (ex: HIPAA, CCPA, PCI, etc.)