Content Marketing DirectorSee more jobs from Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
8 days old
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with the agriculture economy? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc.!
We are proudly Farmers First ®. Created by farmers, for farmers, Farmers Business Network℠ (FBN℠) is an independent and unbiased farmer-to-farmer network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN Network is helping farmers level the playing field and put power back in farmers’ hands.
Farmers Business Network counts top VCs including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, and Acre Venture Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek among its investors. We are a dynamic, and innovative company in AgTech that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We're looking for a Content Marketing Director with global experience to help lead our small but mighty content team and help us scale our inbound and content marketing efforts around the world. You’ll be leading the strategy, development, production and execution of compelling content and campaigns for new and current customers across all owned brand channels (web, blog, app, social, influencers, video, etc.). You will work closely with your Marketing Services Team colleagues in Creative and Marketing Operations as well as Digital Strategy, and with the Product Marketing Team. You'll use your creativity, passion for storytelling and curiosity about agriculture and farming to amplify the story of FBN across the world. You take initiative and are self-directed, but are also a pro at collaboration. This senior marketing position plays an integral role in achieving ambitious growth marketing goals by advancing the FBN brand. This is a full-time position reporting to the Head of Brand and Content.
As the Content Marketing Director at FBN, you will:
- Manage the overall global content strategy at FBN through a deep understanding of the context in which customers experience content as part of our inbound and outbound marketing mix
- Think strategically about what content should be delivered and assess the most effective formats and channels for optimal engagement
- Understand local country priorities and customer acquisition plans to incorporate content marketing to the overall business and growth strategy
- Lead the distributed team developing content and campaigns, as well as social channels, online community management and influencer programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership of Marketing, Product, CX and Sales Teams to create dynamic, content-led digital experiences that elevate the brand and drive key business metrics
- Embody a customer-first, data-driven approach to planning and managing a content strategy that supports the customer journey
- Work with a service orientation to diverse businesses and partners globally
Content marketing leadership
- Develop a global content machine to drive inbound lead generation and customer acquisition
- Manage content production from end to end, including engaging with contractors, managing costs and budget, adhering to brand guidelines and principles, ensuring alignment and agreement across the organization
- Use your strong storytelling savvy and content creation and production expertise to build our brand channels
- Support the creation of key brand messaging, thought leadership and content production for brand campaigns and initiatives across all channels
- Attract, retain, structure, motivate and lead a proactive, collaborative content marketing team to ensure strategic content direction, production and delivery
- Develop and manage budgets and plans for each fiscal year, as well as provide timely and accurate forecasts and other reporting around the content function of marketing services
- Work with a service orientation to diverse businesses and partners globally
Create and maintain content strategy guidelines for all FBN properties
- Partner with cross-functional Brand and Creative leadership to support the execution of a distinctive and differentiated brand voice and tone across all channels through content
- Leading the creation of truly differentiated content that compels, persuades, excites and drives business impact
- Ensure content and campaigns are on-brand locally, regionally and globally, as well as personalized and provide a positive customer journey experience for leads and prospects
- Develop and maintain editorial and brand style guidelines across channels and properties
- Design content archiving process to ensure channels stays fresh and relevant for audiences
- Build out editorial strategy to guide our approach on thought leadership
Produce concrete content strategy deliverables as part of omni-channel campaigns
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for content marketing and production inclusive of the overall customer journey and marketing funnel, balancing creativity, storytelling and business impact
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy to incorporate align content with distribution [email/SEO] on all owned and emerging channels
- Drive content marketing opportunities to support FBN customer experience, as well as new customer acquisition and retention to become more personalized
- Lead the team developing long and short-term content calendars globally and in partnership with Marketing, CX, Network, Product and Sales teams
- Integrate content marketing and influencer marketing programs to bolster brand channels and cultivate a community of brand champions
- Develop and execute organic social strategy and community management approach, driving brand awareness, engagement and traffic
- Collaborate with Project Management and Product Marketing Teams to ensure content production timelines, workflows, budgets and delivery are in-line with overall marketing project management principles and omni-channel plans
- Conduct detailed content audits and make content strategy recommendations across key initiatives, projects and launches
Ensure that data and the customer journey powers the evolution of our content strategy
- Ensure user-centric perspective so that content delivers what the user is looking for and provides a solution to meet their needs
- Define, track and report on content KPIs relative to overall marketing goals and KPIs
- Strong emphasis on testing and learning, driving increased traffic and engagement with content across all FBN owned and paid channels
- Partner with Marketing Operations, Product Marketing and Product Teams to extract new insights on what content works best to drive brand, business and channel goals
- Collaborate with Digital Strategy to design and implement SEO/SEM strategy globally
- Explore new channels, pushing the FBN brand into new territory and global reach online—owned channels, new social channels, thought leadership, pursuing new audiences, etc.
Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years proven experience creating compelling content-led campaigns for B2B or B2C brands and products in an editorial, creative and/or content marketing role, either at an agency or in-house
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Empathetic cross-functional leader and people manager with 5+ years experience managing internal and external teams; global experience a plus
- Experience building a content marketing strategy and roadmap that delivers customer acquisition and retention goals
- Experience building a content marketing function, including hiring and managing a distributed team
- Strong familiarity with best practices for online content marketing (including SEO, taxonomy design, content audits, archiving and information architecture) and want to leverage that experience on a truly global stage for a high-growth tech and farming brand
- Data-driven creative marketer with a strong narrative backbone and a knack for creating dynamic and engaging experiences online
- Experience, either personal or professional, in the agriculture industry a plus
- Experience with acquisition (SEO), retention and engagement strategies
- Understands how to tailor content strategies for different channels, aligning with key business metrics
- Experience working on video production a plus
- Excited by the challenges and opportunities found working in and leading in a data-centric, fast-paced yet creative marketing role
- Experience working with marketing agency partners
- A Bachelor's Degree (ideally in Business Management, Marketing, Communications or a related field). MBA preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation and title for this position will be adjusted to suit your experience and qualifications. We also offer an attractive benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental insurance.
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.