Specialty Genetic Counselor, PediatricSee more jobs from Genome Medical, Inc.
about 1 month old
Specialty Genetic Counselor, Pediatric
We are seeking a full-time Genetic Counselor with experience in pediatrics and/or general genetics to join Genome Medical’s growing multidisciplinary team of 14 Genetic Counselors (7 full-time/7 contract), 4 Medical Geneticists, and 4 care coordinators. With the support of our medical geneticists and the care coordinators, our genetic counselors have the opportunity to work at the top of their scope of practice, and the luxury of working from home, while providing services to patients across all 50 states via telemedicine.
This is the right role for you if:
- you are passionate about providing high-quality genetic counseling,
- you are excited about alternate service delivery models;
- you are motivated by increasing access to informative, actionable genetic services
- you are looking to be involved in new practice areas such as whole genome/exome sequencing, pharmacogenomics, and consumer-directed genetic testing
This position reports to the pediatric lead genetic counselor and will perform activities consistent with the position of genetic counselor which include but are not limited to:
- Provide genetic counseling for patients including education, a comprehensive risk assessment, psychological support, genetic testing oversight and documentation via Genome Medical’s telemedicine
- Analyze medical/scientific literature, available clinical genetics standard of care guidelines and effectively communicate this knowledge across the organization and externally to patients and providers
- Support the client services, marketing, business development and information technology teams with expert genetics knowledge as needed
- Support healthcare professionals within the organization and outside by providing clinical education and decision support
- Develop scientific and clinical material for the company website, brochures, test reports, training and presentation materials
- Contribute to the development of operational procedures and protocols related to pediatrics and general genetics
- Participate in the on-call rotation providing timely support to care-coordinators and genetic counseling network as needed
- Provide mentorship to our genetic counseling network and genetic counseling interns as needed
- 3+ years of experience in clinical genetics, with the main area of clinical experience in either pediatric genetics and/or general or adult genetics.
- ABGC certified and licensed in the home state if applicable (multiple state licenses a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, strong communicator, self-motivated and technology competent
- Strong commitment to the vision and mission of Genome Medical
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual skills not required, but encouraged
- Home internet connection
- Flexible: Remote or South San Francisco, CA or Mount Laurel, NJ
About Genome Medical:
Genome Medical is a network of clinical genomics experts using telemedicine to bring genetics to everyday life. Our mission is to provide expert genetic healthcare for individuals and their families to improve health and well being.
Founded by personalized medicine pioneers Dr. Randy Scott, Dr. Robert Green, and Lisa Alderson, our goal is to bridge the growing gap between available genome technology and current medical practice. As genetic information becomes increasingly important in medicine, there are too few experts to meet the growing demand for interpretation. We are addressing this challenge by creating a scalable, efficient model for lifelong genome-centered health care. To learn more, please visit www.genomemedical.com or find us @GenomeMed on Twitter.
Genome Medical is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.