GitHub Pages is a well-loved, high-traffic product which hosts many static sites. App Center allows application developers to be 10x more productive by enabling build, crash and error reporting, analytics and distribution in a seamless manner via SDK. If you have a passion for development and engineering excellence we would love to hear from you. We are hiring at all levels - come help us build a delightful experience for developers at GitHub!
- Pairing and collaborating with engineering peers to write, document, and operate quality software and engineering systems
- Writing full stack code using Ruby, Go, C#, Node.js, and React
- Designing and shipping features for our customers, working together with product and engineering peers
- Operationally owning code and services for the team by being part of an on-call rotation
- Helping customers by understanding their needs and troubleshooting issues and support requests that arise
- 5+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with a focus on being remote friendly and inclusive
- Flexibility and the willingness to adapt to new languages and technologies
- Experience with distributed cloud architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with web technologies and common architectures
- Experience designing, building, and operating highly available and reliable systems
- Passion for testing and test driven development
- Experience with mobile application development
- Solid knowledge of SQL and noSQL database technologies
- Operational experience with Kubernetes
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.