Technical ConsultantSee more jobs from Greenhouse
5 months old
We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for a Technical Consultant to join our Professional Services team!
Reporting to our Manager of Technical Professional Services, you will play a critical role in helping our customers unlock the full potential of Greenhouse through bespoke system integrations.
Our goal is to help companies become great at hiring. As a Technical Consultant, you will incorporate industry best practices and a deep understanding of system integration to guide our clients up the Hiring Maturity curve.
Who will love this job
- An entrepreneur – you're excited to manage engagements like your own company, continuously elevating processes, philosophies, and methodologies
- A techie – you love learning and are eager to understand the ins-and-outs of our Harvest API
- An educator – you are a coach for customers, and you have a knack for translating complex technical concepts into simplified terms
- A collaborator – you are not only passionate about the details, but you also see the “big picture” and contribute ideas to perfect the Professional Services recipe with Customer Success, Sales, and Product teams
What you’ll do
- Lead consulting engagements with customers to understand their current systems, business processes, and ideal state requirements
- Guide customers through how to maximise our Harvest API to optimize their Greenhouse usage and to satisfy ideal state requirements
- Project manage tasks such as requirements scoping, high-level design, testing, validation, and deployment
- Improve and maintain Professional Services' engagement tools and documentation
- Provide feedback to our Product, Engineering, and Partnership teams that inform our integration and analytics platforms and strategy
- Use learning and development budget to further educate yourself, foster a new skill, or upgrade an existing one
You should have
- An understanding of RESTful APIs and the integration development lifecycle
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-based system integrations
- Experience in the configuration and implementation of SaaS applications, preferably in the HR and recruiting space
- Excellent customer service skills with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working in a client-facing capacity
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience working with an HRIS (e.g. Workday), a strong plus
- Implementation knowledge of Greenhouse products, a plus
- Your own unique talents – if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the Republic of Ireland on a full-time basis.
Candidates must have permission to work in Ireland on an ongoing basis. Greenhouse is not in a position to support employment permit applications for candidates for this role.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page
**We are a distributed company and do our best work where it works best for us - as individuals and as teams. At this time, all employees are working remotely due to COVID-19.**
Our Talent Acquisition (TA) team at Greenhouse has recently been notified of a phishing scam targeting candidates applying for our open roles. Scammers have been posing as hiring managers and recruiters in an effort to access candidates’ personal and financial information. Please note that any communication from our hiring teams at Greenhouse regarding a job opportunity will only be made by a Greenhouse employee with an @greenhouse.io email address. We would never ask you as part of our interview process to provide personal or financial information, including but not limited to your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information and other related banking information. If you believe you’ve been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and alert us right away at [email protected].