Senior Software Developer (Web)See more jobs from HelloFresh
4 months old
At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world's leading meal kit company, active in 16 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: GreenChef, EveryPlate, Chef's Plate, Factor, and Youfoodz.
About The Job:
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, and product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves executing experiments to improve the user journey and make it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating new, stable software solutions that are shared across business units and geographies.
We are looking for developers who are excited by great code that scales well. As a member of our Toronto team, you’ll work with highly-skilled engineers who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, and have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
Here at HelloFresh, the learning never stops. We expect you to learn every day, both through your work and beyond. We tend to set ambitious learning OKRs for each employee, and then support you through dedicated self-development time and learning budget.
If you value speed and agility and believe in a data-driven development space, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role will leverage data - test results, logs, defect rates - to ruthlessly prioritize the work that needs to be done and collaborate with both local and international teams to find solutions.
You will ...
- As a Senior Developer, build full lifecycle (design-develop-deploy) software solutions in the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as an ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like React, Next.js, Hooks, and more
What you’ll bring
- Solid back-end experience within front-end architecture using React
- Experience in CI/CD methods and practices
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns
- Experienced in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- Experience working with APIs and integrating multiple data sources
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge, decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully-stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe and effective tool in protecting our health and our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.
We believe that sharing a meal brings people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures together. We are committed to celebrating all dimensions of diversity in the workplace equally and ensuring that everyone feels a sense of inclusion and belonging. We also aim to extend this commitment to the partners we work with and the communities we serve. We are constantly listening, learning, and evolving to deliver on these principles. We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse employee population enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
At HelloFresh, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived. As part of the Company’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations, up to the point of undue hardship, to candidates at any stage, including to individuals with disabilities.