MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
As a Social Media & Content Specialist for a leading multi-state cannabis retailer, you will join a high-performing marketing team to execute day-to-day social marketing initiatives and support the success of MedMen’s business goals and key objectives. In this role, you will own a social media content calendar as well as lead the development, implementation, and execution of a social media content strategy that will increase community engagement, follower count, brand loyalty, and support marketing initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you must have a proven track record in successful social media marketing campaigns with strong organizational skills for day-to-day social account management. You should have a strong understanding of content strategy and execution across owned and earned platforms. You should be a highly creative storyteller who is analytically minded, equally confident at presenting insights reports as you are at presenting a brand campaign story idea. You should have a true passion and vision for social media marketing, with a personal interest in emerging social trends, innovative new strategies, and best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, ideate, strategize, and manage the social content calendar across multiple platforms, in collaboration with key marketing team members.
- Own, manage, and lead community engagement across key social media accounts, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, and more.
- Execute and publish day-to-day social media content plan and strategy across owned and earned platforms, identifying best up-to-date practices and content strategies per-platform to drive engagement and growth.
- Determine cadence, content type, frequency, etc. across social content per channel, adjusting strategy as needed based on key learnings and KPIs.
- Work closely with key Marketing team members to track marketing calendar changes that will inform social media marketing initiatives and partnership opportunities to strategize and execute.
- Own social content asset creation process, briefing creative team and working closely with team members in Copywriting and Graphic Design.
- Generate regular social media account performance reports and insights, providing recommendations and actionable insights on how to continuously optimize, test, and improve account engagement and growth.
- Work cross-collaboratively as social media point person with vendors, partner brands, and agencies to support special projects.
- Identify and report on key social media trends, insights, competition, and best practices in the cannabis space and beyond.
- Take point on social content and storytelling strategy for special projects and marketing initiatives, including but not limited to brand launches, holiday campaigns, social impact projects, and more.
- Additionally monitor partner brand accounts to source, curate, create, publish, and/or re-share engaging content updates outside of the calendar when necessary (for example, in response to news).
- Identify missed opportunities and propose new initiatives on organic and paid partnerships, including but not limited to content creator and influencer campaigns.
- Manage junior team member support on an as-needed basis for social media, competitive research, and tasks delegated by Social Media & Content Specialist.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- 3+ years of experience in social media marketing and content marketing.
- Excellent communication, writing, and creative skills, balanced with analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong team player who is comfortable proactively and independently executing all social media management tasks and owning a social media planning calendar.
- Highly confident and well-versed with hands-on knowledge using a social media planning platform, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest, Canva, Yelp, and more.
- On the pulse of behavioral, marketing, and social trends, with a strong understanding of lifestyle, wellness, and/or cannabis culture.
- Must have a passion and vision for social media, storytelling, and partnership marketing with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of social media KPIs with experience regularly reporting insights and learnings to upper management teams like C-suite.
- Self-motivated and highly organized to manage multiple projects within a team and with cross-functional partners and agencies. Experience working cross-functionally with copywriters and graphic designers for social asset creation.
- Can confidently move, adjust, shift, iterate, grow, and execute projects at high speed with comfort in navigating ambiguous situations.
- A strong plus if candidate has experience working for a retailer, and/or experience in cannabis, CBD, or a federally regulated CPG product.
- Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, and recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
- Essential physical requirements, such as climbing, standing, stooping, or typing.
- Typical work hours are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and can include some evenings, weekends and holidays as the workload demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- This position requires traveling 10-15% of the time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.