Junior Python EngineerSee more jobs from MongoDB
10 days old
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks a full-stack software engineer to help level-up the Engineering Corps and grow its sales tools offerings by orders of magnitude. Central to MongoDB’s ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by all company employees, the Engineering Corps’ responsibility is to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is comprised of front-end and back-end engineers with a large breadth of expertise and experience, and a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 1-3 years of commercial experience developing APIs (Python is highly preferred, but not required).
- Has experience with React or Angular.
- Is familiar with source-control systems, preferably Git.
- Is comfortable developing in a Linux environment and familiar with Docker & CI/CD.
- Has excellent communication skills and a desire to experiment.
- Is collaborative, detail-oriented, and passionate about developing usable software.
- Familiarity with Salesforce API Development
- Develop features and write tests for a suite of internal tools and services.
- Contribute to functional specifications and design.
- Regularly review application code.
- Work with the Sales Team and Sales Operations to understand how they do business and develop technical solutions to help them do so more efficiently and effectively
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things.
- In three months you will have made several small contributions to our codebase and documentation.
- In six months you will be a resident expert with one of our applications and make regular contributions.
- In one year you will be well on your way towards developing a major feature (or two!).