Morse Micro is scaling our Firmware Team team and looking for a Network Firmware Engineer. You will work with a firmware team implementing Morse Micro’s next generation Wi-Fi HaLow chips, working closely with Analog, Systems and Digital IC Design Engineers to build and maintain an elegant embedded software architecture. Your main focus will be the firmware on our chips, but there will be necessary involvement in writing Python scripts, device drivers, core DSP loops, interrupt handlers, and other related areas.
Morse Micro is shaping the future of the IoT market. With our long-range, ultra-low power Wi-Fi HaLow chips, we will facilitate the next generation IoT devices in homes, cities and beyond - the applications are endless! At Morse Micro, you will be working alongside experienced professionals and engineers, some of whom are the team that invented Wi-Fi!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Implementation/Porting of various network protocols to deliver typical features of a standalone WiFi MCU, as well as new and innovative solutions (802.11, Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, L2 switching, L3 forwarding/routing/tunneling)
- Various network Optimisations for Performance, Footprint and Power consumption
- Design/Development of WiFi SDKs and network APIs
- Device driver support for Linux and other RTOS
- Document development and create unit tests, work with automated test framework to create integration tests and regression tests
- Support of chip bring up on bench.
- Providing an overall technical expertise and brilliance
- There will be some customer interaction, e.g. implementation of customer requested features, resolution of customer found issues etc
Required skills and experience:
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years relevant industry experience in embedded software projects
- Proven experience in Network development using the C programming language
- A good understanding of network stacks including Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, TLS, etc.
- Experience in porting and using FreeRTOS or RT-Thread Real Time Operating Systems. Including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
- A good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standard including 802.11 security model
- Experience with RISC-V instruction set and architecture
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
- Experience with wireshark for testing and debugging of 802.11 systems
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Familiar with Linux kernel development and Linux applications for embedded devices
- Experience using Python for tools and scripts.
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it's like to work at Morse Micro:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
Send us your resume and cover letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Network Firmware Engineer.