Principal Engineering Technical Program ManagerSee more jobs from Okta Inc
2 months old
As an Engineering Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering, Product Management & Customer First teams to build and deliver key products, projects and programs. You will be the point person for clarifying strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. You are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also dig in, and get the job done employing both a strategic and tactical approach which is a requirement for this role.
The qualified candidate will not only have strong TPM experience, but also Engineering process development and implementation in a SaaS and Agile environment, will be working in a fast-paced environment. An individual who is self-motivated and driven and has demonstrated commitment to take accountability and responsibility for success of large programs with ambiguity and competing priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency
- Program manage various initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering and Product Management; provide guidance to Scrum Masters
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, to benefit Engineering teams or cross-organizational initiatives, by bringing proposed solutions to the teams and rolling them out in an iterative manner
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture
What you will need for this role:
- 8+ years of technical program management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- 10+ years of technical project management experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience partnering with Product Management and Engineering teams together to deliver customer-facing features
- Scrum Master experience in a software, SaaS or systems development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; Able to independently influence teams
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s degree
* Certified in Agile and Scrum