Senior Director, Developer Support (San Francisco, CA)(Remote, Eligible)See more jobs from Okta Inc
about 2 months old
Do you get excited about helping developers get their applications up and running? We view it as our mission to ensure that developers of all kinds can be successful embedding Okta in their applications. From developers integrating Okta into their homebrew hobby app for the first time, to engineers at popular technology companies who are building the world’s most popular internet-scale sites. Okta is the foundational identity platform for developers of all kinds.
And it’s our Developer Support Engineers who make much of this possible. With a maniacal focus on developer success, they work diligently to help customers integrate and build on top of the Okta Identity Cloud.
Okta is looking for an experienced Sr. Director, Developer Support to lead our talented team of Developer Support Engineers. The ideal candidate is an innovative leader who will lead from the front, and will help us innovate in our tools, processes and problem solving capacity. This leader will work closely with product and engineering teams to identify bugs, squash issues, and find ways to improve Okta’s platform for developers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a global team of 10+ Developer Support Engineers who are focused on making developers successful.
- Work closely with product management and engineering leadership to provide a thoughtful feedback loop around case trends and analysis.
- Provide leadership for Case Management amongst Developer Support Engineers, including identifying cases for de-escalation and re-prioritization.
- Deliver new KPIs to measure team efficacy, including measures for CSAT and time to close.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, including scaling a support function to support explosive growth of Okta’s developer community.
- Proven ability to create internal and external documentation.
- 10+ years of support/escalation management experience
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external executives
- You’re an expert in managing escalated accounts, and can drive scale in incident handling across a rapidly growing team.
- You can demonstrate a working knowledge of APIs and SDKs.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.