Senior Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA)(Remote Eligible)See more jobs from Okta Inc
2 months old
About the Team & Position:
The Knowledge Experience team at Okta is responsible for implementing the program’s core vision: enabling the frictionless creation, sharing, and discovery of all Okta product knowledge for anyone in the Okta ecosystem. As we build our growing team, we are looking for people who not only produce outstanding and innovative content, but also share our love of making the customer experience the best it can possibly be.
You will collaborate with people from all over the company to research and develop a number of product knowledge assets - including deployment guides, troubleshooting & diagnostics references, internal source materials, technical change communications, and more - for the entire spectrum of Okta’s products. You will also help define the asset lifecycle processes required to maintain the highest levels of quality and accuracy. You will have a great deal of influence on how Okta builds the gold standard for product knowledge for years to come, not to mention opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing, successful company.
- Plan, research, develop, and maintain a number of technical knowledge assets spanning multiple product lines and multiple target personas.
- Help establish and implement the processes, templates, standards, and methodologies required to institute standard lifecycles for all knowledge asset types.
- Serve as a backup resource for Okta’s Technical Communications & Readiness program, which executes end-to-end communications for customer-impacting technical changes (includes content development, editing, approvals, and scheduling).
- Create, track, and report on progress and success metrics for all deliverables.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in relation to the role.
- Build, manage, and maintain internal process documentation, including stakeholder training.
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing technical documentation for enterprise software products, including documentation for system administrator, developer, and implementation specialist personas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to translate complex technical issues and concepts for a non-technical audience
- Ability to streamline complex internal processes into simplified, defined action plans
- Strong customer advocate mentality, with the ability to compromise when required
- Ability to conduct discovery sessions, synthesizing technical and non-technical details from different teams, determining which information is most relevant for target personas
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent product releases
- BA/BS in technical field and/or communications
- Background in software products for the Identity & Access Management space
- Experience implementing enterprise software as either a sales engineer or professional services consultant
- Experience developing/driving an end-to-end asset lifecycle management process
- Project management and/or ITIL certifications (e.g., CAPM, PMP, CSM, ITIL, etc.)
- Experience in the areas of program management, product development, customer support, and/or customer communications