Quanterix is a company on a mission to change the way in which healthcare is provided by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In our focused therapeutic areas, our revolutionary technology, Simoa®, is helping researchers advance the science of precision health. Simoa® is changing the way in which the biology of health and disease is studied by giving researchers the ability to closely examine critical biomarkers in most therapeutic areas including neurology, infectious disease, oncology, inflammation, and cardiology. To continue our extraordinary growth, we are hiring an Assay Development Scientist I in Billerica, MA.
The Assay Development Scientist performs moderate and high complexity laboratory testing for both research and clinical diagnostics in Quanterix’s Accelerator laboratory. Under general supervision, the Assay Development Scientist in their role as Testing Personnel carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures. The role requires independent work in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to read and interpret accurately test results used by providers in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform testing protocols, run routine laboratory tests of samples
- Assessing results according to QC, calibration, and normal range, taking appropriate action as per SOP and escalating up when necessary
- Follow and document SOPs
- Perform qc, routine preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment/instrumentation
- Maintain records and work instructions
- Assists with training of staff
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology Science, of Clinical Lab Science
- 0- 2+ years of clinical laboratory experience is desirable
- Candidates with experience beyond above requirements may be considered for a level II or Senior level.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience required
- Laboratory techniques such as ELISA, electrophoresis are desirable
- Basic knowledge of science (immunology, biology and chemistry) and basic skills of mathematics
- The best candidates will be detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills, be adaptable and enjoy being a contributing member of our team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word LIS