Associate Director, Laboratory OperationsSee more jobs from Quanterix Corporation
about 1 month old
Quanterix is a company on a mission to change the way in which healthcare is provided by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In our focused therapeutic areas, our revolutionary technology, Simoa®, is helping researchers advance the science of precision health. Simoa® is changing the way in which the biology of health and disease is studied by giving researchers the ability to closely examine critical biomarkers in most therapeutic areas including neurology, infectious disease, oncology, inflammation, and cardiology. To continue our extraordinary growth, we are hiring an Associate Director, Laboratory Operations for our Laboratory Services program, in Billerica, MA.
The Associate Director, Laboratory Operations will manage the day-to-day operations of the Accelerator laboratory, including planning of resources, maintenance of equipment and laboratory infrastructure and ensuring environmental and safety compliance.
What you will do
- Manage daily operations of the laboratory. Monitor and adjust workflow and staffing to meet the maximum productivity of the lab.
- Manage the laboratory working environment ensuring safety, environmental, and regulatory standards for clinical laboratory are met.
- Implement maintenance programs for all laboratory equipment and develop contingency plans for equipment malfunction. Track and coordinate routine maintenance on critical lab equipment, including management of maintenance contracts and scheduling of necessary repairs
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers
- Collaborate with Laboratory Director to establish strategic plans and development of new programs to improve efficiency, quality, compliance, service and financial outcomes for the laboratory.
- Maintain and meet laboratory requirements at optimal level including staff competency and training.
- Oversee inventory system utilization, record retention and disposal, and quality management
- Assist with recruitment, and onboarding of new staff
- Provide coaching, goal setting, training and performance development for staff
- Train laboratory staff on procedures, good laboratory practice, and technical methods
- Assist with the management of laboratory budget.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- D. degree in a Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related life sciences field
- 6+ years of laboratory services leadership and team management
- Experience in managing laboratory and instrumentation operations, preference for Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) or clinical services
- Knowledge of GCLP, compliance, quality, and data security requirements for studies analyzing patient samples
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment To Employees: We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free bagels every Monday morning, and free snacks and drinks every day! Quanterix hosts Virtual Bingo nights with all employees when we can see families, pets, and win amazing prizes. Unwind on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a virtual yoga session. In addition to competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, we offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances, and Mental Health Care, we offer generous Maternity & Paternity leave, Family Medical Leave, Fertility Assistance, Dependent Care, Military Leave and Vacation Carryover. All employees are awarded Equity, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance.
Our Culture: Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. We have a Diversity Program with Executive Sponsorship. Our core values are Accountability, Teamwork, Trust, and Transparency OR ATT2. Meet some of our team HERE. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.