Business Development Manager, Pacific NorthwestSee more jobs from Quanterix Corporation
7 months old
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our growing organization. This position will be part of our Commercial Team, reporting to Western Regional Manager. This role requires familiarity with current Immunoassay platforms and the candidate must be able to convincingly articulate the benefits of the Simoa technology. The ideal candidate for this role will be a highly technical, scientific sales professional, who has a passion for finding new customers/building new relationships, maintaining/expanding business within current Accounts, and a desire to expand and grow Quanterix business overall in the Pacific Northwest.
- Responsible for all aspects of selling Quanterix products and laboratory services into Research-Use-Only (RUO) segments including pharma/biopharma, academia, government, and CROs
- Establish/maintain relationships in the target markets specifically in Research & Development, Clinical and Pre-Clinical Drug Development, and Translational Medicine
- Responsible for finding new opportunities, nurturing existing opportunities, building a strong sales pipeline, and executing on it
- Expected to work in collaboration with marketing, applications, technical support, field service, laboratory services, and all internal departments
- Responsible for accurate forecasting to leadership and delivering against targets
- Minimum of BS or BA from accredited institution with major in biology, chemistry, or related fields. MS or PhD preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years sales experience in life science research tools, analytical instrumentation, consumables and/or laboratory services sales
- Established relationships within territory in desired markets strongly preferred
- Demonstrated successful sales track record of consistently achieving and often exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets is required
- Experience selling Immunoassay instrumentation, consumables and laboratory services strongly preferred
- Experience selling novel, ground-breaking, disruptive technologies preferred
- Technology familiarity with the ability to gain proficiency using a Customer Relationship Management system (preferably Salesforce), expense reporting system, Microsoft Office Tools required
- Current familiarity utilizing internet/social media tools for researching potential leads/prospects desired
- Candidate must be a strong communicator and team player who is accountable and trustworthy
- Must reside in or be able to relocate to the Vancouver or Seattle area
- Ability/Desire to travel 50%+ of the time within the designated territory and occasionally for company meetings
Quanterix is a company that is digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation, and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Quanterix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.