Quanterix is a company on a mission to change the way in which healthcare is provided by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In our focused therapeutic areas, our revolutionary technology, Simoa®, is helping researchers advance the science of precision health. Simoa® is changing the way in which the biology of health and disease is studied by giving researchers the ability to closely examine critical biomarkers in most therapeutic areas including neurology, infectious disease, oncology, inflammation, and cardiology. To continue our extraordinary growth, Engineering Technician located in Billerica, MA.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our team. This individual will work within the Technical Support group to provide service to Quanterix's internal instruments. These responsibilities include installation, preventive maintenance, and service calls. The Engineering Technician will be working with a small group to manage the instrument base and communicate to the users regarding repairs. Collaboration with peers and receptiveness to urgent requests is a must in this fast changing environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Installation, preventive maintenance and service calls for all internal Quanterix instruments
- Gain proficient knowledge of the Quanterix Simoa HD-1, HD-X and SR-X platforms
- Troubleshoot instrumentation issues independently
- Communication to users as well as team members on issues, expectations and timelines
- Handle service calls in an urgent manner
- Record all activity in Quanterix's asset database, Salesforce.com
- Assist with the Return Materials Transactions (RMA) process
- Facilitate return of discontinued HD-1 instruments and salvaging of used parts
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Entry level experience in the biotechnology/biomedical, semiconductor, or precision equipment industry
- Experience manufacturing or servicing instrumentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-facing experience is a plus
- Must be flexible in working hours, as this position may require activities during non-regular business hours to support revenue targets at our company laboratories
- Excellent computer experience and literacy
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving skills
- Able to handle a fast paced environment with quickly changing technology
- Work cross-functionally with Scientists and Engineers to achieve and deliver on Quanterix production and development goals
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment To Employees: We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free bagels every Monday morning, and free snacks and drinks every day! Quanterix hosts Virtual Bingo nights with all employees when we can see families, pets, and win amazing prizes. In addition to competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, we offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances, and Mental Health Care, we offer generous Maternity & Paternity leave, Family Medical Leave, Fertility Assistance, Dependent Care, Military Leave and Vacation Carryover. All employees are awarded Equity, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance.
Our Culture: Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. We have a Diversity Program with Executive Sponsorship. Our core values are Accountability, Teamwork, Trust, and Transparency OR ATT2. Meet some of our team HERE. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.