Field Applications Scientist - Northern CaliforniaSee more jobs from Quanterix Corporation
4 months old
Quanterix is a company on a mission to change the way in which healthcare is provided by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. In our focused therapeutic areas, our revolutionary technology, Simoa®, is helping researchers advance the science of precision health. Simoa® is changing the way in which the biology of health and disease is studied by giving researchers the ability to closely examine critical biomarkers in most therapeutic areas including neurology, infectious disease, oncology, inflammation, and cardiology. To continue our extraordinary growth, Field Service Engineer located in Northern California.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our GROUP NAME team. This individual will provides technical expertise to customers to ensure successful adoption of Quanterix platforms for their individual research needs. Customer support tasks include providing trainings to new users, responding to requests for technical information, and communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/protocols/tools and to promote the sales of consumables and assay kits. The FAS will also work with the commercial organization to support the sales process with technical knowledge of the platforms and customer applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Post-sales support of regional customers including providing basic and advanced trainings to users, responding to requests for technical information, and communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/ protocols/tools and to promote the sales of consumables and assay kits.
- Pre-sales support of regional team, including traveling with sales team members to visit existing and prospective customers, presenting the technology to prospective customers, attending trade shows
- Constantly expanding skills and knowledge level to improve understanding of customer projects and grow the overall knowledge base of the FAS team regarding existing and potential applications of Quanterix technologies and market position against competing technologies.
- Adhering to Quanterix processes for tracking activities, delivering training/support, and recording customer interactions.
- Provide customer feedback to internal teams to guide strategy and improve existing products.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, or biochemistry
- 2 – 5+ years customer-facing experience in applications, technical sales support, or related functions or 2 – 5+ years in an industry research position (Pharma, BioTech or CRO).
- Candidates with experience beyond above requirements may be considered for a Sr. Field Application Scientist role
- Proficiency with general biochemistry/molecular biology laboratory work and experience adapting new technologies to research needs.
- Strong understanding of current immunoassay platforms and technology, ELISA assay development experience preferred.
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills
- Comfort working with individuals of varying skill levels and backgrounds and adapting training or communication approaches as appropriate
- Team spirit, positive attitude, desire to learn, and strong independent work ethic
- Up to 70% travel expected
Why You’ll Like Working For Us:
Our Technology: Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas. The company was established in 2007 and is in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Our Commitment To Employees: We have a free, state-of-the-art onsite fitness center for all employees. To keep you fueled up, we provide onsite employees free bagels every Monday morning, and free snacks and drinks every day! Quanterix hosts Virtual Bingo nights with all employees when we can see families, pets, and win amazing prizes. In addition to competitive compensation and a 401k plan with an employer match, we offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We offer a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Life, Disability, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances, and Mental Health Care, we offer generous Maternity & Paternity leave, Family Medical Leave, Fertility Assistance, Dependent Care, Military Leave and Vacation Carryover. All employees are awarded Equity, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a Performance Bonus, and 1:1 Financial Counseling/Planning. We also offer Tuition Assistance.
Our Culture: Quanterix is committed to a Diverse and Inclusive workplace. We have a Diversity Program with Executive Sponsorship. Our core values are Accountability, Teamwork, Trust, and Transparency OR ATT2. Meet some of our team HERE. Quanterix is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.