Field Applications Scientist, Northern CaliforniaSee more jobs from Quanterix Corporation
4 months old
To continue our solid growth, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Field Applications Scientist to join our growing organization. The Field Applications Scientist (FAS) provides technical expertise to customers to ensure successful adoption of Quanterix platforms for their individual research needs. Customer support tasks include providing trainings to new users, responding to requests for technical information, and communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/protocols/tools and to promote the sales of consumables and assay kits. The FAS will also work with the commercial organization to support the sales process with technical knowledge of the platforms and customer applications.
- Post-sales support of regional customers including providing basic and advanced trainings to users, responding to requests for technical information, and communicating regularly with existing customers to update on new publications/ protocols/tools and to promote the sales of consumables and assay kits.
- Pre-sales support of regional team, including traveling with sales team members to visit existing and prospective customers, presenting the technology to prospective customers, attending trade shows
- Constantly expanding skills and knowledge level to improve understanding of customer projects and grow the overall knowledge base of the FAS team regarding existing and potential applications of Quanterix technologies and market position against competing technologies.
- Adhering to Quanterix processes for tracking activities, delivering training/support, and recording customer interactions.
- Provide customer feedback to internal teams to guide strategy and improve existing products.
- Ph.D. in biology, chemistry, or biochemistry
- 2 – 5+ years customer-facing experience in applications, technical sales support, or related functions or 2 – 5+ years in an industry research position (Pharma, BioTech or CRO).
- Candidates with experience beyond above requirements may be considered for a Sr. Field Application Scientist role
- Proficiency with general biochemistry/molecular biology laboratory work and experience adapting new technologies to research needs.
- Strong understanding of current immunoassay platforms and technology, ELISA assay development experience preferred.
- Excellent technical communication and writing skills
- Comfort working with individuals of varying skill levels and backgrounds and adapting training or communication approaches as appropriate
- Team spirit, positive attitude, desire to learn, and strong independent work ethic
- Up to 70% travel expected
Quanterix is a company that’s digitizing biomarker analysis with the goal of advancing the science of precision health. The company’s digital health solution, Simoa, has the potential to change the way in which healthcare is provided today by giving researchers the ability to closely examine the continuum from health to disease. Quanterix’ technology is designed to enable much earlier disease detection, better prognoses and enhanced treatment methods to improve the quality of life and longevity of the population for generations to come. The technology is currently being used for research applications in several therapeutic areas, including oncology, neurology, cardiology, inflammation and infectious disease. The company was established in 2007 and is located in Billerica, Massachusetts. For additional Information, please visit https://www.quanterix.com.
Quanterix is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Quanterix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Quanterix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.