Director of International Operations & StrategySee more jobs from Reddit, Inc.
about 2 months old
Reddit’s mission is “Bringing Community and Belonging to Everyone in the World” and we do this by bringing over 52 million people together each day (DAU) through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the community.
Our International team is growing quickly and we’re looking for a stellar Operations & Strategy ninja to be our Director of International Operations & Strategy. You would be responsible for setting the overall operational direction of the International group within Reddit, and execute on business operational needs through a well-formulated rhythm of business. You will work closely with Country General Managers as well as cross-functional partners in Consumer Product, Marketing, BD/Partnerships, Community, Sales, and HR/Legal/Finance to help organize and achieve International’s overall objectives. This role reports to Reddit’s Head of International.
- Strategic Planning: Define the long-term organizational strategy in partnership with all Reddit International cross-functional stakeholders, including annual multi-year business plan, product strategies and roadmapping, new business / investment cases, and more.
- Business Reviews: Run country quarterly business reviews with key executive sponsors and country GMs, and represent International in the company’s Operating Committee.
- Launch Management: Manage milestones and deliverables across key stakeholders involved in both consumer and business launches.
- Operational Performance: Measure and report on key metrics throughout the planning and execution process and identify recommendations to change course, grow, or cancel an initiative. Provide topic and product-area performance feedback to enable rapid decision making across the company.
- Project Management: Work with cross-functional stakeholders across the entire organization on project management needs involving Reddit outside the US.
- Financial Stewardship: Manage decision-making process during International P&L / budget reviews.
- Team Building: Over time, manage, inspire, and develop a high performing team of business analysts.
- 10+ years in digital media, with experience in operations, strategy, and analytics.
- Experience growing a US-based company outside the US.
- Experience with project management tools and processes, developing project plans, and collaborating across multiple teams within multiple organizations.
- Understands setting, adjusting, and executing a regular rhythm of business.
- Experience synthesizing complex situations for executives and board members.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, excel in cross-functional collaboration, and lead without direct authority.
- Strategy, operations, problem-solving, structuring, and analytical skills.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].