Senior Director, Insights - EntertainmentSee more jobs from Riot Games Inc
about 2 months old
As a Senior Director of Insights, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that’ll inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Senior Director of Insights in Entertainment, reporting to the VP, Business Strategy, you will lead and grow the Insights team that informs and advises the design, development, and execution of products and experiences aimed at deepening the fandom of players and attracting new audiences to the player community. Riot Entertainment is focused primarily on Film,TV, Music, Consumer Products, In-Real-Life Experiences, and Story Games. Your strong communication skills and ability to synthesize complex insights will help Entertainment to make high-impact, data informed group-, content-, and product-level decisions. You will support Entertainment products through their entire lifecycle: from opportunity identification, product development, and post launch performance. Your work will also inform and reinforce Riot’s IP Management efforts by surfacing key conclusions and analysis from available data and connecting the dots with the findings generated in support of the product teams. You will be accountable for understanding and applying the appropriate methodologies and pushing the team to incorporate advanced techniques while remaining practical and outcome-oriented. Finally, you will support and grow members of the Insights team, overseeing craft quality and career development of members of the team.
- Accountable for ensuring Entertainment organization has access to the consumer data, both external and internal, to inform IP and product development and strategic decision making
- Collaborate with the appropriate teams across Riot to build measurement of impact of Entertainment products on the Riot ecosystem (e.g., engagement lift) and the value of Riot’s investment in the Entertainment space (e.g., brand value, fandom impact)
- Partner with appropriate leads to build and operationalize group level strategy with data informed perspectives, frameworks, and critical thinking
- Collaborate with Entertainment leadership to prioritize and develop strategic frameworks in support of the group-level strategy (e.g, audience targeting, franchise development)
- Accountable for supporting the development of product strategies that effectively drive towards Entertainment group level outcomes and to drive product teams to engage in data-informed decision-making
- Collaborate with Revenue Strategy, Strat Fin, and Product teams to inform slate planning and individual project/title greenlights
- Collaborate with the IP Management and product leads to integrate IP Management Direction and Strategy with product slates and strategies
- Accountable for staffing and managing a team that will support these functions across Entertainment where needed
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years experience in strategic advisory, or 10+ years with an MBA
- 8+ years of experience working in the strategic advisory space (management consulting, consumer insights, strategic product management, etc.)
- 4+ years experience directly managing other managers in the strategic advisory space
- In-depth knowledge of analytics and research crafts
- Experience building and executing product and group level strategies
- Knowledge of Film/TV, Consumer Products, Music, or third party game development
- Experience with designing, implementing, and overseeing an Insights function across a global organization
- Experience sourcing and overseeing vendors for Insights work
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.