Senior Engineering Manager, Observability Infrastructure TeamSee more jobs from Roblox Corporation
2 days old
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Observability team provides the vital signs for our software components that subtend the Metaverse. As the three pillars of modern observability, Telemetry, Distributed Tracing, and Logging have become increasingly important when combating all kinds of issues in microservice architecture with Telemetry revealing eagle view and stats of the vital signs of services, Tracing providing contextual analytics and drill down capability for individual requests/responses, and Logging supplying sure-footed textual evidence.
The Observability Infrastructure team owns the entire stack of Telemetry, Distributed Tracing, and Logs, including instrumentation libraries, data processing pipelines, data storage, and the visualization UI. We believe in user centric strategy, and are focused on execution and impact. As a Senior Engineering Manager of the Observability Infrastructure team,
- 5+ years of managing experience and solid track record of hiring and growing a high performing engineering team.
- Solid experience in maintaining and evolving large scale distributed systems to reliably process billions of data streams.
- Experience building large scale data and ML infrastructure
- Clear vision and strong execution to handle emerging challenges, such as rapid growth in data volume and diverse feature requests.
- Lead, support, and grow a team of engineers to build and maintain global-scale observability infrastructures for Roblox.
- Work with all business partners to define clear visions, roadmaps, and SLO/APIs, and drive the execution end-to-end.
- Pick up new and innovative technologies as the landscape evolves, take the long view and expand our vision to put the Roblox community first and get things done.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.