Rubrik is hiring a Senior Director, Global Communications to lead the global PR team. This person will contribute to the growth and scale of the company and will help drive global brand awareness. This person will report to the Vice President of Global Communications and manage an internal team as well as agencies around the world.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Design and implement global communications strategies that get media and influencers engaged in Rubrik’s growth narrative and differentiation
- Work with cross-functional counterparts in product, engineering, marketing and other organizations to understand Rubrik’s product roadmap, appropriately position its significance in the market, and devise communications plans and strategies based on business goals
- Create proactive storylines and pitch ideas
- Provide strategic counsel to executives and nurture/grow direct reports
- Build and maintain productive relationships with journalists, media outlets and industry influencers
- Devise necessary communications narratives, campaigns, and materials
Experience You’ll Need:
- 12 - 15+ years experience working in Communications preferably a combination of both in-house and at PR agencies across enterprise tech
- Previous success in increasing the share of voice and establishing credibility of enterprise technology brands in new industry categories
- Establishing trust and getting buy-in from executive leadership teams on global comms & media strategy
- Experiencing leading, managing, and successfully mentoring global teams
- Ability to be in the Palo Alto office at least 3 times a week and travel occasionally
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled: Rubrik is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us at [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.