Senior Software Engineer, Database WorkloadSee more jobs from Snowflake Inc.
10 days old
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
We’re hiring talented engineers to help make the new database technology a success. Our team is chartered to deliver on new offerings that challenge the existing boundaries and pushes the limits of what is possible while delivering cohesive, integrated and scalable solutions.
Our innovations enable our customers to use Snowflake for analytical as well as operational workloads with predictable performance, scale and efficiency. Our ambitions are huge and this role is a unique opportunity to help us achieve them, by making a significant impact on our ability to maintain fast paced innovations while making sure we remain compatible and competitive with customer expectations.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, you are expected to work closely with technical leaders, partners and customers to identify database workloads of varying performance and scale characteristics, and design and implement automated solutions to build a portfolio of these workloads that enables us to maintain a high bar for all feature work. You will also contribute to the design, development and maintenance of some of our existing projects.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER WOULD HAVE:
- 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Strong database fundamentals
- Background in database tooling, database internals, SQL schema design, or building components for large scale data processing systems
- Building test automation frameworks
- Track record of building strong partnerships with technical leaders, partners and customers
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions with data from multiple sources