Senior Software Engineer - Streamlit-in-SnowflakeSee more jobs from Snowflake Inc.
7 days old
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
Senior Software Engineer- Streamlit in Snowflake
We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact,and excel in a culture of collaboration. Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective,affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Streamlit is an open-source Python library that makes it easy to create and share beautiful, custom web apps for machine learning and data science. The team is building out the architecture for running Streamlit apps natively within Snowflake, giving Snowflake users powerful ways to build data applications. We are looking for Senior Software Engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly, can build reliable, secure, and performant distributed systems and have a keen eye on customers' needs.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - STREAMLIT IN SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL
- Design and develop features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the largest customers.
- Enhance the programmability surface of Snowflake and improve the experience of the data developer.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding reliability, availability and performance.
- Experience building enterprise grade, reliable and trustworthy software or services.
- Extremely strong fundamental computer science skills.
- Fluency in Java.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field.
- SQL and/or other database technologies including internal implementations.
- Data warehouse design, database systems, and large-scale data processing solutions.
- ASF open source projects, ideally from the big-data/Hadoop ecosystem.
- Implementation testing, debugging, documentation, query compilation, compiler design and implementation.
- Cloud infrastructure, AWS in particular.
- Delivering compelling experiences in SaaS or web-based solutions.
- Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security.
- Designing and implementing systems for public or private clouds.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data platform that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance,and more!
- Learn about and contribute to the most robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn about and contribute to a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
The following represents the expected compensation range for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $183,000 - $285,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make an impact?