SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Support the design and development of mechanical and fluid ground systems in support of SpaceX Starship launch engineering and operations in Brownsville, TX.
- Work with multi-discipline project teams to develop 3D models to support launch engineering design and analyses
- Follow defined SpaceX processes to prepare and release new hardware assembly drawings, and revise existing drawings as requested by launch engineering
- Update existing designs and models to improve manufacturability
- Modify existing CAD models and create drawing revisions as required
- Associate degree in drafting or design
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of CAD experience
- Experience with NX
- Experience with machining, welding, sheet metal, and precision measurement equipment and techniques
- Experience with assembly or repair of complex mechanical components
- Experience creating 3D models and 2D orthographic drawings from rough sketches or similar informal input (i.e. verbal instruction, “design a rectangular plate to mate with 01234567-005 using fixed fasteners”)
- Ability to understand and follow instructions from engineers
- Basic knowledge of common materials (e.g. aluminum, steel, stainless, non-ferrous)
- Basic knowledge of standard shapes (e.g. angle, plate, tubing, beams, etc.)
- Strong time management skills; ability to adhere to a fixed schedule for delivery of models and drawings
- Ability to multitask and plan and execute multiple assignments in an organized manner
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.