SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR – TEMPORARY POSITION
This role is perfect for an early career professional looking to pursue a career in either the human resources or recruiting fields. This position allows one to explore various areas of human resources as they will play a pivotal and dynamic role in supporting a fast moving and exciting organization! This role will also provide support to our COVID19 response team.
- Perform a variety of human resources and recruiting functions to support team members in many locations across the country
- Provide support to our COVID19 response team by assisting with close contact tracing, test scheduling, and facilitating communication
- Process employee data changes including new hire, terminations, promotions, supervisor changes, transfers, and other transactions as needed
- Schedule interviews and help facilitate internal job transfers and promotions
- Support HR team members with employee relations issues (investigations, disciplinary action, performance management, etc.)
- Interact with employees to answer questions and resolve issues
- Proactively suggest process improvements and participate in group projects and meetings to improve SpaceX’s business procedures
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 2 months
- LOCATION: Starbase, TX
- SHIFT: standard work hours
- Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of intern or professional experience in a human resources role
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and teamwork skills, even under pressure
- Basic knowledge of payroll, stock programs, benefits, and general HR responsibilities
- Experience with HRIS systems, specifically Workday, Greenhouse and UltiPro
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Logical reasoning and problem-solving skills, coupled with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete routine and transactional tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Desire and motivation to adapt to a rapidly changing workforce
- General knowledge of labor laws and experience with OFCCP compliance
- Position requires ability to work overtime when needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.