Lead Product Security EngineerSee more jobs from Twilio Inc
6 months old
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build and deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, and innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for exceptional security engineers who meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Product/ Application Security.
- Experience performing manual code reviews and penetration tests.
- Experience leading threat models for complex architectures
- Experience with AWS
- Experience building automation & tooling
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points for:
- Python or other scripting knowledge
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge
- Presenting at conferences or working on open source projects
- Telecom security experience or experience in telephony protocols
- Experience working with Bug Bounty Programs
As a Lead Product Security Engineer, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Working with security champions across engineering teams.
- Performing reviews (threat models/code reviews/pentests) against Twilio’s products.
- Triaging submissions from our bug bounty program and ensuring they are fixed in a timely manner.
- Design, implement, and maintain pipeline controls for source code, library, and container security.
- Build automation for [email protected]
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilio’s products and services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline and technical leadership. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful class A office at 110 William Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, game room, monthly All Hands gatherings and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.