Software Engineer Intern (Madrid, Spain)See more jobs from Twilio Inc
8 months old
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
This is a short term opportunity for Summer 2020 beginning in June with a 12 week duration. This will be a 35 hours/week role and you will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2. Twilio looks for for Software Engineers who live the Twilio Magic and who want to design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
- Working towards a BS, MS, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Has experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting
- Has experience with technologies such as hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
Teams Hiring -
PROGRAMMABLE VOICE - builds unique communication experiences with our API to build interactive voice applications, from recognizing speech to building enterprise class call centers. The Programmable Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure to make, receive and control calls including services such as Speech, Conference and Media services.
During this short term opportunity as a Software Engineer you will experience the following -
- Be a Software Engineer!
- Ship many different projects.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- Responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring a willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful Madrid, Spain office. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, dinners for All Hands meetings. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, political opinions, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, social status, trade union affiliation and disability.