Software Engineer Intern (Tallinn, Estonia)See more jobs from Twilio Inc
7 months old
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2020. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2. Twilio looks for Software Engineers who live the Twilio Magic and who want to design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
- Working towards a BS, MS, or PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
Teams Hiring -
FLEX - brings together a handful of Twilio’s product suite to power a next generation contact center solution. Their team’s work across the stack from challenges of call routing on the back-end to the look and feel of a call agent’s dashboards with it’s customizable UI.
MESSAGING - Twilio is known for SMS and larger Messaging platform (read WhatsApp, Facebook etc), and as an engineer on the Messaging team you will have hands-on impact on the largest product offered to Twilio's customers. Messaging volume has increased 10x on Twilio's platform in the previous few years.
SUPER NETWORK - simplifies, strengthens and unites carrier communication networks using software. Build on top of a battle-tested infrastructure with redundancy at every level of the stack. Our intelligent infrastructure and the advantages of a cloud architecture provides confidence to our customers.
PLATFORM ENGINEERING- The Technology Platform organization is central to Twilio's ability to rapidly deliver value to our both our developers and customers. The team works closely with senior leadership and every Twilio product engineering team to deliver software capabilities that free our developers to focus on their products and their customers. One of our teams that is hiring is our Observability team. This team focuses on developing and maintaining observability and telemetry tools for the Twilio Platform. Observability is building high scale mission-critical software that helps to observe infrastructure and microservices.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will experience the following -
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring a willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in one of our beautiful new office building in Tallinn, Estonia. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.