Software Engineer- New Grad (Madrid, Spain)See more jobs from Twilio Inc
7 months old
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for Software Engineers who live the Twilio Magic and who want to design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications. You are eager to learn and inspire and you like to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment. You want to develop technical skills and industry experience while working on complex distributed systems
You should have some or all of the following:
- Pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Phd degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python, PHP, C, C++ or Java
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
Teams Hiring -
PROGRAMMABLE VOICE - builds unique communication experiences with our API to build interactive voice applications, from recognizing speech to building enterprise class call centers. The Programmable Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure to make, receive and control calls including services such as Speech, Conference and Media services.
As a Software Engineer -
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core Twilio platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilio’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, real-time DSP (audio processing), and more.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new Madrid, Spain office. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, monthly All Hands, annual leave, private healthcare, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion or belief, political opinions , gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, social status, trade union affiliation and disability.