Associate Director, Engineering - Merchandising WorkflowsSee more jobs from Wayfair
10 days old
Who we are
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 18 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Merchandising Workflow & Services department improves Merchandising operations by efficiently building workflows and tooling for operators, and builds Merchandising-wide services to serve discrete needs such as translations, market localization and product findability (which products live in each store).
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Engineering Associate Director to lead our Product Services Engineering domain consisting of three teams to solve complex problems and build highly scalable applications. Your impact will drive efforts to tackle some of the most challenging problems we face as we continue to create a best-in-class shopping experience for our customers
The Product Services' mission is to provide reliable, secure & scalable solutions that improve merchandising. We develop tools and services that allow our in-house and offshore teams to grow the Wayfair product catalog. By providing efficient and scalable workflow infrastructure, our operators can expand and protect our Brands. This enables our customers to find products through brands they come to know and love.
What you will do
- Lead and grow multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Partner with the Product team on roadmaps and ensure the team has a compelling vision, mission and the OKRs and KPIs to measure progress and success.
- Lead on technical feasibility and rollout of components companywide
- Accountable for the outcome of your team including technical design, development, test, monitoring, and deployment.
- Engage your team to construct the technical roadmap and lead planning, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Balance calculated risks, trade-offs and consequences in prioritizing and optimizing for sustainable time-to-value and high-quality engineering.
- Maintain and continuously improve agile delivery and engineering practices.
- Foster inclusive and collaborative teams and culture.
What you bring to the table
- An established track record and multiple experiences across technical and people leadership
- Understanding what it takes to build scalable systems in microservice architectures.
- Experience in architecting and building large-scale event-driven systems across various projects.
- Practical experience and ability to coach as well as advance the team’s practices with pairing/mobbing, TDD, and CI/CD.
- Practical experience in hiring and developing engineering teams and culture.
- A natural collaborator and communicator with the ability to influence partners and peers at different levels.
- An accomplished mentor and coach with proven performance management skills.
- Experience of leading interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience covering database design, programming, algorithms, performance, architecture, testing, monitoring, deployment and 24/7 operations.
- Degree in Computer Science, technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Extensive career and growth opportunities in a fast-growing technology & retail powerhouse
- Training & development, including world-class mentoring and tuition reimbursement for education relevant to your career
- Opportunity to travel to Boston to work with your global peers
- Subsidized private pension fund (BAV)
- Subsidized gym membership (Urban Sports Club), free yoga classes and wellness weeks
- Subsidized public transport subscription
- Discounts on Wayfair.de for employee purchases
- Participation in conferences & meetups we organize and sponsor
- Monthly budget for social team events
- Fully and partially subsidized office-wide social events (ski-trips, Oktoberfest, quarterly parties, etc...)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.