Business & Strategy Internship - Immediate Start (m/f/x)See more jobs from Wayfair
over 1 year old
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of millions of items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Your internship (duration: 6 months, 40 hours per week) will be in one of our teams within our Commercial Business functions. Exact team placement will be dependent on a combination of your interests, skills and experience and might include:
Category Management at Wayfair is the team that aims to offer an unparalleled selection of great value products for the home, paired with excellent customer experience. We are responsible for a specific product category (e.g., lighting, décor, bedding, kitchen) and to maintain relationships with suppliers. By working with key suppliers on a daily basis. Our objective is to grow the category by expanding the selection on our website, aligning promotions and operations, merchandising, and marketing activities with the respective teams, and ensuring price competitiveness throughout the catalog.
Perigold is disrupting the luxury home market by building the largest direct to consumer platform for designer home brands. We are well on our way to doing this in the US, and now we are launching next in Europe in 2022. In order to successfully launch in Europe, we are looking for someone with an interest and enthusiasm for e-commerce, branding, and the luxury market.
Detailed responsibilities will vary by team, however typical responsibilities include:
- Cultivating and strengthening relationships with internal and external partners and vendors
- Testing new innovative ideas and analyzing trends
- Researching categories and vendors to build out selection
- Identifying new, profitable opportunities for targeting and segmentation
- Using creative strategy and data to communicate efficiently
- Developing strategies for priority initiatives and lead implementations
- Utilizing web analytics tools to analyze and optimize performance
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (German is a plus)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and a desire to improve processes
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel (first experience with SQL/Big Query would be an advantage)
- Enthusiastic, with proven ability to quickly get up to speed
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.