Consumer & Market Insights ManagerSee more jobs from Lyft Inc.
about 1 month old
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a research professional to join our Consumer + Market Insights team, which aspires to bring the objective voice of the Driver and Rider into all that we do, everyday! You’ll focus on Rider research, uncovering deep insights about what makes Riders tick and - more importantly - how Lyft can uplevel what we do to meet their needs. Your work will improve the experience for our riders across 300+ cities nationwide and in Canada.
You love to partner cross functionally, represent the voice of the customer at the table, and take pride in designing dynamically designing and delivering best-in-class insights. You are also an excellent communicator and a flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate researchers, marketers, and product folks who care deeply about creating experiences that improve people’s lives through the world’s best transportation system.
- Design and execute excellent research that delivers insights-rich findings and recommendations to the business
- Create empathy for our consumers by uncovering insights that inspire us to create marketing and product experiences that increase consumers’ love for Lyft
- Conduct strategic quantitative and qualitative research to inform marketing and product development
- Guide business partners in defining actionable research and insights, firmly anchored in business realities
- Choose appropriate research method(s), including primary qualitative, primary quantitative, data analysis, and secondary research
- Design best sample frameworks and execute actionable analytical plans
- Synthesize and present insights
- Lead and manage research vendors
- Own prioritization, calendar, budget, and stakeholder management for your focal areas
- Collaborate with other researchers across the company, including those in UX Research, Data Science, and Public Policy
- 6+ years leading quantitative and qualitative primary research that delivers business results
- Proficient in market research methodologies, both qualitative (e.g., ethnographies, card sorting, diary studies, etc.) and quantitative (e.g., online surveys and quantitative analysis, discrete-choice studies, multivariate analysis, tracking studies, concept testing, etc.)
- Comfort incorporating advanced statistical concepts into research design
- Bonus points for Mode experience
- Extraordinary communication skills: you speak and write succinctly and clearly, focusing on what’s most important
- Excellent partnering skills: teammates, cross-functional partners, and vendors love working with you
- Strong problem solving skills: you’re a proactive troubleshooter who comes to the table with well-reasoned solutions (maybe even a few!) that keep the big picture in mind
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to drive multiple projects forward, simultaneously and on-schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Highly self-directed, with strong enthusiasm for a collaborative, highly energetic, and high-performing environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.