Engineering Lead - Autonomous Camera Sensor SystemSee more jobs from Lyft Inc.
8 months old
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. From day one, Lyft’s mission has been to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. And self-driving cars are critical to that mission: they can make our streets safer, cities greener, and traffic a thing of the past. That’s why we started Level 5, our self-driving division, where we’re building a self-driving system to operate on the Lyft network.
Level 5 is looking for doers and creative problem solvers to join us in developing the leading self-driving system for ride sharing. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, and each has the opportunity to have an outsized influence on the future of our technology. Our world-class software and hardware experts work in brand new garages and labs in Palo Alto, California, and offices in London, England and Munich, Germany. And we’re moving at an incredible pace: we’re currently servicing employee rides in our test vehicles on the Lyft app. Learn more at lyft.com/level5.
L5's camera team is working on next generation camera systems for autonomous driving. The camera lead works closely with perception and systems engineering teams to architect camera system that targets specific AV ODDs (operational design domain). The lead creates camera specifications and provides technical leadership to a talented team of engineers and external vendors to design, implement, test, and integrate the camera system.
- Experienced in taking high level imaging requirements and translate into camera specifications
- Provide technical leadership in all aspects of camera development: lens specification, image sensor evaluation, module design/model, ISP evaluation/tuning and photon to inference latency optimization
- Work closely with vision perception customers to identify near/mid/long term technical hurdles to overcome and develop technical roadmap for L5’s camera team
- Explore and evaluate novel imaging technology, understand industry roadmap
- Work with other sensor team leads to map out inter-sensor coverage matrix
- Drive integration and validation/debug of the camera system
- Develop/influence test plan and calibration of production level hardware
- 10+ years of work experience with camera system development
- Understanding of imaging optics from first principles
- Hands-on experience with camera module modeling and evaluation
- Familiarity with various image sensor technologies (automotive/machine vision a plus)
- Deep knowledge of ISP pipeline and compression algorithms
- Experience working/driving vendors: SoC, lens, module integrator, embedded, etc
- Knowledge of CV and DNN based imagery classification/segmentation
- Experience with programming skills including Matlab, C++, python, OpenCV
- Knowledge of camera system interface: MIPI, USB, parallel, I2C, PoC
- Experience with automotive camera system is a big plus
- Minimum Master's degree in EE, optomech, image processing, or related field
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.