Market Operations Manager - New York AreaSee more jobs from Lyft Inc.
2 months old
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
The Market Operations Manager, New York Area, will lead and manage Lyft’s strategic operations and growth in the critical rideshare markets of New York City and State. Reporting into the Regional Director, this position will be the strategy and operations champion for rider and driver experiences in one of our largest, most complex, and strategic rideshare markets.
This role is for you if you’re a strategic innovator, collaborative problem solver and thoughtful leader who enjoys working at a fast pace while making strategic decisions - and of course, if you’re ready to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation.
- Develop the Market Operations strategy during each planning cycle with an eye towards innovation of initiatives
- Own and drive the integration and adoption of Lyft’s core products in the New York Area market
- Manage an overall team of 20+ full-time employees and contractors to achieve OKRs and thrive in personal development
- Work lock-step with the Regional Director, Local Analytics Manager, Driver Service, Policy & Compliance, Product, and other cross functional partners to execute local market strategies and initiatives
- Project manage and coach others to successfully lead high-stakes initiatives such as strategic operations at local airports, partnerships with local universities, municipalities & venues as well as various local products including Access Mode and Carseat Mode
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners to ensure Lyft is their partner of choice
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure legal compliance, smooth feature launches, and comprehensive local user communications
- Ideally 4-5+ years of people management experience, preferably for full-time and hourly employees
- Proven strategic impact-maker having set aggressive objectives and achieved them
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve lofty goals
- Demonstrated comfort in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Manager Extraordinaire: You prioritize coaching, feedback, and development for your team while balancing providing direction with space to explore and delegate appropriately. Your former teams have achieved tangible impact under your leadership.
- Experienced Partner Manager: You know how to frame value to a partner - both internal and external - and you exude professionalism, able to quickly create rapport with a diverse audience
- Insatiable Curiosity: You’re never satisfied with the status quo and consistently look for opportunities to move faster, reduce spending, and increase return
- Expert Communicator: Sending a meeting agenda prior to a sync and following up same day is second nature. You always have systems in place to ensure progress is being tracked, learnings documented, and stakeholders kept up to date
- Team Player: Your co-workers enjoy being around you as you’re optimistic, continuously share, and open-mindedly receive feedback
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.