Senior Accountant, CostSee more jobs from Lyft Inc.
11 months old
Lyft is looking for a diligent and enthusiastic Senior Accountant. It’s an excellent opportunity to take charge of a critical Accounting area as part of the Finance team, focusing on various areas like cost accounting, direct purchases, inventory management, revenue recognition and A/R. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will partner closely with Supply Chain, Operational Markets & FP&A and provide critical support in ensuring compliance with US GAAP and related accounting rules.
- Implement and maintain systems and SOX compliant processes for tracking bike fleet/stations and other assets.
- Ensure asset costing policies are clearly defined and consistently implemented.
- Perform quarterly cost variance analysis, and maintain accurate costing records.
- Develop and execute a review process for asset adjustments, including setting processes and approval thresholds, developing a reporting and review process, and actively reviewing and approving inventory/in-process adjustments.
- Lead and coordinate periodic asset counts.
- Analyze aging reports and review turnover of inventory/in-process materials for possible impairment and calculate any necessary reserves.
- Manage revenue recognition and A/R.
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily costing accounting and account processes
- BS degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field
- 4+ years of public accounting and/or private accounting experience, CPA/CMA preferred but not mandatory. At least 3 years in capital intensive environments, preferably in an environment with manufacturing and/or assembly
- Willing to question processes and procedures to ensure that work is being completed in an efficient manner.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experience with ERP asset tracking systems and inventory is mandatory - NetSuite/Oracle is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Understanding of inter-company transactions and how they are eliminated
- Experience with Inventory transactions and three-way match for billing mandatory
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growing, startup organization preferred
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.