At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
By surfacing the right data to the right support team members at the right time, the Support Data Solutions team can optimize the Lyft driver and rider experience. Uplifted by your thought leadership and domain expertise, our team will build the data pipelines, visualizations and data monitoring systems required to serve our global support organization.
You’ll work with your peers as well as cross-functionally with other technical teams, in order to build the systems required to deliver value for our stakeholders.
- Standardize how Data Solutions captures and prioritizes requirements for stakeholder data needs.
- Define and implement world class data visualization practices, including continuous improvement, across our team and organization
- Lead technical development of data tables, data ingests and anomaly monitoring
- Create informed recommendations for Data Solutions team roadmap
- Define and implement data monitoring standards, both for business anomalies as well as data quality issues
- Identify actionable, value-added optimization and efficiency opportunities, and contribute to the continuous improvement of Support’s data and reporting infrastructure
- Act as the team lead providing mentorship and direction for other team members
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying reporting solutions that enable decision-making across a large organization - using tools such as Mode, Looker and Tableau
- Strong proficiency in at least one of the SQL languages (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle): able to make sense out of a set of large, raw events tables.
- Very comfortable building new data tables using ETL logic: you have built, managed, and fixed entire enterprise data models. Bonus points for proficiency in workflow management tools such as Airflow
- Comfortable communicating and empathizing with individuals across a variety of roles: you will need to gather needs from Support business owners, and then articulate those needs to technical partners within Product, Engineering, and Data Science.
- Experience with managing direct reports, team members point to you as someone who provides mentorship and guidance through complex projects
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.