At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. Lyft’s industrial design team is seeking a passionate Senior Industrial Designer to help expand our capabilities.
The Senior Industrial Designer is expected to have a deep knowledge of the entire industrial design process from conceptualization, to design strategy, to project management, and manufacturing support. Lyft will rely on the Senior Industrial Designer to be an expert contributor and design leader, innovating and pushing the Industrial Design, Brand, and Product vision beyond the competition. This person will be expected to successfully guide products all the way to production.
The Senior Industrial Designer practices their craft at the highest level and has the ability to juggle full design and development programs with smaller design initiatives. This person should possess ample ideation and innovation skills to envision and clearly articulate the story of the next generation product line.
Lyft Industrial Design is a new division working on a broad variety of hardware efforts such as autonomous cars, micro-mobility and rideshare. You will be expected to roll up your sleeves and hustle. We are moving fast, innovating, and operating with ambiguity. You should be self motivated and flexible to lend a hand as new obstacles arise.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to successfully visualize concepts and translate them into feasible solutions, all while balancing innovation with functional requirements and on-brand design
- Conceptualize aesthetic and functional solutions while integrating insights
- Lead design reviews and manage design programs
- Work with research specialists to produce user-centric and market-appropriate concepts
- Work closely with executives and the leadership team on key strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with engineers on innovative design solution that can be produced at scale
- 8+ years of professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Proven track record of design excellence as reflected in awards or industry recognition
- Demonstrated design and development of products taken to market
- Broad-based experience designing product for multiple categories
- Expertise in design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; comfortable with communicating and interacting effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management, customers, partners and suppliers
- Expert CAD and 3D photo-rendering, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in managing external design agencies is a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.