Technical Training LeadSee more jobs from Lyft Inc.
about 1 month old
At Lyft, community is what we are and it’s what we do. It’s what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app and great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why we’ve reimagined our Driver Hubs to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance and repair with lightning speed will be building out quickly.
As the Technical Training Lead of our Service and Collision organization, you’ll support the development, successful implementation, and continuous improvement of standard operating procedures to teach & develop Driver Service team members skills, including technicians, field leaders, and community associates. In addition, this role will be responsible to partner with service center leadership to measure team’s productivity, improve performance, and develop business performance management tools. The ideal candidate will be a people leader with experience in operations, project management, coaching, and training.
Our focus is on doing all work, exactly right, the first time. This thoughtful approach requires someone with logical planning skills and a resulting systematic approach to getting things done. You will be our resource in developing people, solving problems and delivering the highest quality work in the world.
- Coordinate & lead the on the job development for all Driver Center locations
- Build and promote on-the-job teaching & learning culture
- Manage and track certifications and training requirements for Driver Centers
- Coordinate in-the-field leadership development and coaching
- Lead the field mentoring program, pair up mentor & mentees based on their skill set level
- Manage and update the skills matrix for the field
- Develop train the trainer plan, coordinate train the trainer activities, track participation, and evaluate the effectiveness
- Teach and facilitate on-boarding and training classes, demonstrate best practices for facilitation engagement and evaluation
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders to set and manage expectations, create timelines, project plans, and regularly communicate updates
- Collaborate with the shop manager to create processes on how to measure and improve team members productivity
- Collaborate with site management to coordinate the onboarding process
- Manage communications and serve as main point of contact for training operations - ensure seamless customer experience
- Manage the end-to-end technical training operations, from customer needs analysis to in-person teaching and final learning evaluation
- Manage logistics and event management including scheduling and participation tracking
- Support the updating learning materials such as work instructions, facilitator guides, etc.
- Project management experience and skillset
- Excellent communication & customer service capability
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, handling multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Background in process centered business operation
- Knowledge of problem solving, and continuous improvement
- Experience managing end to end operations
- Experience working with ShopWare & Location Manager
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong ability to establish relationships and work collaboratively; comfortable collecting, consulting, and prioritizing stakeholder needs in conjunction with organizational goals
- Teaching and facilitation experience
- Background in automotive service
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.